- Monday – Thursday 7 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
- Friday 7 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.
- Visits by prior arrangement
- Flexible day-care times upon request
We are currently not looking for reinforcement for this facility. Gerne können Sie uns aber eine Initiativ-Bewerbung zukommen lassen.
8. March 2022
Together for Ukraine!
Dear parents, dear guardians, we are asking for donations in kind, which we are collecting in our facilities. People who…
25. February 2022
You'd have to be a princess, wouldn't you? Wearing pretty dresses, being good, always watching out for the crown. Princess…
20. December 2021
Vaccination moves big things!
Does this quote sound familiar? Sure. In support of the #ZusammenGegenCorona campaign, a well-known detergent brand has changed its logo,…
In BarUhle 1 the children are looked after and supported in a nursery group (from 12 months to 3 years), two kindergarten groups (3 to 5 years) and a Bridge Year group (5 to 6 years). In the early and late shift group, the nursery and kindergarten children are looked after together.
All children who are new to the facility are helped in the process of settling in following evaluated acclimatisation models for day-care centres.
Educational goals: We offer the children time and space to develop their creativity and individual skills so that they can react confidently, imaginatively and creatively to new situations.
A special pedagogical focus at BarUhle1 lies in the area of psychomotor skills. This means physical activity connected with sensory experiences. We create conditions to promote healthy physical and mental development. Space, time and materials are at hand for following the natural need for movement. We enable the children to develop their physical activity independently and autonomously. Psychomotor development is deeply incorporated in our everyday life at the facility. It provides safe physical activity, strengthens self-confidence and allows children to discover and explore the world.
- Space, time and materials are available for early childhood experimentation and playful discovery.
- Our nature-themed outdoor area and the adjacent sports fields are used on a daily basis. The gym next door is also available to us twice a week.
- Regular district explorations as well as excursions outside of the district are part of our everyday pedagogical work, too. With regular celebrations and events, e.g. our flea market, we strengthen active participation in the community within our district.
- We offer activities related to road safety education, notably in cooperation with the Hamburger Straße police station.
- The documentation and monitoring of the children’s development are effected by means of the educational and learning stories.
- We work bilingually in German and English in accordance with the concept of immersion.
- In the last year before regular school enrolment, the children take part in the so-called Bridge Year. In a set group, various topics are dealt with several times a week (in line with Hamburg’s educational recommendations).
- Creative design and woodworking, also in collaboration with the sponsor partner studio “Bei den Pinguinen”.
- Early musical education from an external specialist.
- Regular cooking activities as well as the production of baked goods in a wood fired oven.
- All meals consist mainly of organic food from the region. We pay attention to sustainability criteria and offer wholesome, varied and mostly low-sugar food. A caterer specialising in child-friendly nutrition delivers lunch to us. Food intolerances and vegetarian diets are taken into account.
- Bücherhalle Dehnhaide (library)
- “Bei den Pinguinen” studio
- Biozentrum Klein Flottbek
- Boberger Niederung (Boberger lowlands)
- Barmbek-Basch community centre
- Hamburger Straße police station
- Hamburger Stadtreinigung (Hamburg city sanitation company)
Cooperation with parents
- Annual parental survey
- Parents’ council
- Parents’ evenings and informational afternoon sessions
- Conversations at drop-off and pick-up time
- Complaint management
- Annual development meetings
- Support offered by internal advisory team
- Parent–child trips
- Parents’ cafés
- Sitting in on groups
- Accompaniment on group excursions
- Active contribution to parties and events
The day-care centre BarUhle 1 was founded in 1997 in a Hansa-Kolleg school building as the tenth facility of Stiftung Kindergärten Finkenau. After extensive conversion and renovation work in 2014, BarUhle 1, which until then had only looked after children between the ages of 3 and 6, incorporated a nursery in January 2015.
Day-care centre team
Qualified educators from a range of professions work at Finkenau’s facilities. Housekeeping and cleaning staff are also an integral part of the team. We are particularly committed to providing interns with qualified training.
Some teams receive additional support from volunteers or federal volunteers (“Bundesfreiwillige”).
Case discussions are held and pedagogical topics as well as conceptual and organisational matters discussed at the staff meetings that take place regularly. Our employees’ documentation and observation of the children’s development is an essential part of the work. All employees attend training courses on a regular basis.
Interior spaces (480 sqm)
- Long, wide hall with climbing wall
- Playroom/sleep area with a mezzanine play structure that encourages climbing and physical activity
- Multifunctional dining/group room
- Children’s studio
- Washroom with water experience tub
- Three group rooms with different functions
- Connection through glass cubes so that all rooms are visually interconnected
- A small, lower-lying theme room and lower-lying ball pit is located between them
- Rooms can be connected or closed off
- Gym with integrated stage and theatre lighting
- Washroom with water experience tub
Outdoor area (1,200 sqm)
- Naturalistically arranged garden
- Covered terrace
- Wood fired oven
- Wood workshop
- Covered sandpit
- Willow arch
- Stone/willow pavilion
- Nest swing
- Flower beds, garden beds and fruit trees
- Container with mezzanine play structure and rope bridge
- Climbing course made from logs
- Climbing tree
- Road for wheelers
- Water area
BarUhle 1 is located in a quiet side street in the popular and family-friendly Barmbek-Süd district. The Adolph Schönfelder School (primary school), a paediatrician and the Barmbek-Basch community centre are close by.
We always strive to keep news up-to-date, but binding statements and announcements as well as information on closing times are only available from the facility itself.