- Monday – Thursday 7.30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday 7.30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.
We currently still have free elementary places at our kindergarten.
8. March 2022
Together for Ukraine!
Dear parents, dear guardians, we are asking for donations in kind, which we are collecting in our facilities. People who…
25. February 2022
You'd have to be a princess, wouldn't you? Wearing pretty dresses, being good, always watching out for the crown. Princess…
20. December 2021
Vaccination moves big things!
Does this quote sound familiar? Sure. In support of the #ZusammenGegenCorona campaign, a well-known detergent brand has changed its logo,…
Our day-care centre offers places for children aged 1 to 6 years in three groups (nursery, kindergarten and Bridge Year).
All children who are new to the facility are helped in the process of settling in following evaluated acclimatisation models for day-care centres.
- Early musical education from an external music instructor on a weekly basis
- Project days and weeks on specific topics, for example on “forest”, “school” and “the human”, in accordance with Hamburg’s educational recommendations
- Project-oriented work in the Bridge Year group
- The children’s development is monitored and documented with the help of educational and learning stories.
In addition to the varied breakfast, “De Köök” supplies us with mainly organic, wholesome and vegetarian lunches. Daily snacks in between round off the nutrition offer.
Cooperation with parents
- Annual parental survey
- Parents’ council
- Parents’ evenings
- Conversations at drop-off and pick-up time
- Complaint management
- Annual development meetings
- Support offered by internal advisory team
- Regular parent-children afternoon playing sessions
- Summer party with the support of the parents
- Flea markets
- Easter and Christmas crafting activities for parents and children
- Meetings with the parent representatives
The Finkis day-care centre was established in 1987, the second facility to be set up by the Foundation. One nursery and one kindergarten group were added in what were initially the office premises, and six years ago a Bridge Year group was included as well.
Day-care centre team
Qualified educators from a range of professions work at Finkenau’s facilities. Housekeeping and cleaning staff are also an integral part of the team. We are particularly committed to providing interns with qualified training.
Some teams receive additional support from volunteers or federal volunteers (“Bundesfreiwillige”).
Case discussions are held and pedagogical topics as well as conceptual and organisational matters discussed at the staff meetings that take place regularly. Our employees’ documentation and observation of the children’s development is an essential part of the work. All employees attend training courses on a regular basis.
- Two group rooms
- Separate dining room
- Separate sleeping area
- A mezzanine play structure and cave that children enjoy exploring
- The Bridge Year group has its own group room with various learning areas
We always strive to keep news up-to-date, but binding statements and announcements as well as information on closing times are only available from the facility itself.