- Flexible day-care times upon request
- Visits by prior arrangement
Nursery section (1 – 3 years)
- Monday – Thursday 7 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
- Friday 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Kindergarten section (3 – 6 years)
- Monday – Thursday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Friday 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
8. March 2022
Together for Ukraine!
Dear parents, dear guardians, we are asking for donations in kind, which we are collecting in our facilities. People who…
25. February 2022
You'd have to be a princess, wouldn't you? Wearing pretty dresses, being good, always watching out for the crown. Princess…
20. December 2021
Vaccination moves big things!
Does this quote sound familiar? Sure. In support of the #ZusammenGegenCorona campaign, a well-known detergent brand has changed its logo,…
The children are taken care of on the basis of a partially open concept in three nursery and three kindergarten groups. For children with special care needs, we offer early intervention places in both sections.
All children who are new to the facility are helped in the process of settling in following evaluated acclimatisation models for day-care centres.
- Self-confidence and independence are promoted through inclusion and participation
- The children are encouraged to explore and experience their own abilities and strengths
- A foundation for learning how to deal with different personalities is created
- Enhancement of creativity with play material and everyday objects that hardly dictate how to handle and use them
We see physical activity as the foundation of early childhood development. This is why our children are provided the opportunity to try out and develop their motor skills every day both in the indoor spaces with exercise areas and hallways to ride wheelies as well as the spacious outdoor area with many trees. Excursions and scouting expeditions take place, too.
In addition to the field of physical activity, all other areas of Hamburg’s educational recommendations for day-care centres have their place in our daily work, too.
- Research with children
- Creative work
- Yoga with children
- Philosophising with children
- Bridge Year group
- Road safety education
- Special activities for all 3-year old children
- Art group in the Foundation’s studio
- Overnight stay at the day-care centre
- Getting to know and appreciate plants and nature by co-creating the garden
- Seasonal projects and celebrations
Documentation and observation is an essential part of the educational work. The development of all children is accompanied and documented by using educational and learning stories.
An open breakfast is available for the children every morning both in the nursery and the kindergarten section. Lunch takes place in the core groups. A tasty afternoon snack is also available, often prepared by the children themselves.
Cooperation with parents
- Annual parental survey
- Parents’ council
- Parents’ evenings
- Conversations at drop-off and pick-up time
- Complaint management
- Annual development meetings
- Support offered by internal advisory team
- Celebrating parties together
- Taking part in planning and implementation
Day-care centre team
Qualified educators from a range of professions work at Finkenau’s facilities. Housekeeping and cleaning staff complete the team. We are particularly committed to providing interns with qualified training.
Some teams receive additional support from volunteers or federal volunteers (“Bundesfreiwillige”).
Case discussions are held and pedagogical topics as well as conceptual and organisational matters discussed at the staff meetings that take place regularly. Our employees’ documentation and observation of the children’s development is an essential part of the work. All employees attend training courses on a regular basis.
The Frieberg day-care centre is based in a new building that has been planned out architecturally to provide a spacious nursery and kindergarten section on two floors. Some of the groups and function rooms can be connected to or separated from each other using sliding doors.
Priorities in interior spaces and learning rooms
- Studio and creative area
- Building and construction area
- Role play, dance and theatre area
- Activity room and exercise areas
- Reading area
- Aquatic areas in the nursery and kindergarten areas to get used to water
- Sleeping areas
- Hallways for riding wheelies
- Washing and toilet facilities on both of the two floors
- Floor-to-ceiling windows in the nursery and kindergarten section
- Floor heating
- Naturalistically arranged outdoor area
- Climbing trees
- Balancing course on boulders and tree trunks
- Lots of space for riding wheelies and bicycles
We always strive to keep news up-to-date, but binding statements and announcements as well as information on closing times are only available from the facility itself.