8. March 2022
Together for Ukraine!
Dear parents, dear guardians, we are asking for donations in kind, which we are collecting in our facilities. People who…
25. February 2022
You'd have to be a princess, wouldn't you? Wearing pretty dresses, being good, always watching out for the crown. Princess…
20. December 2021
Vaccination moves big things!
Does this quote sound familiar? Sure. In support of the #ZusammenGegenCorona campaign, a well-known detergent brand has changed its logo,…
Lütte Antje has two nursery groups for children from approx. 12 months to 3 years. There are close ties with our facility for kindergarten children at Antje 2.0 kindergarten (3–6 years).
All children who are new to the facility are helped in the process of settling in following evaluated acclimatisation models for day-care centres.
In our work, we are committed to promoting the children’s urge for exploring, their curiosity and self-confidence. To do so, we offer an unusual room concept (see “Spatial concept”) and …
- Physical activity as the basis of development: psychomotor support by creating different incentives to move as well as challenges
- English is our second language alongside German: following the principle of immersion, some colleagues in the team speak English with the children
- Educational and learning stories: the documentation and monitoring of the child’s development are effected by means of the educational and learning stories. These are kept in the child’s portfolio / My book to which the child always has access.
- Regular excursions to places within the district and the surrounding area, to the library, playgrounds, airport, port, nearby zoo, etc.
- Annual overnight stays in the day-care centre before the day-care trip
- Regular sports, art and music activities – partly guided, partly open
- Food: breakfast and lunch consist predominantly of wholesome organic fare. Fruit and vegetables are offered to the children at every meal, drinks are available all day
Cooperation with parents
- Annual parental survey
- Parents’ council
- Parents’ evenings
- Conversations at drop-off and pick-up time
- Complaint management
- Annual development meetings
- Support offered by internal advisory team
- Assistance in the planning and implementation of parties, arts and crafts afternoons, gardening groups, etc.
- Regular parents’ cafés
Lütte Antje was opened in 2005 as the result of a cooperation between Stiftung Kindergärten Finkenau and the NDR broadcasting service in Lokstedt. At Lütte Antje elements of a spatial concept were used for the first time, which Stiftung Kindergärten Finkenau developed for children specifically with the principle of mobility and flexibility in mind.
Qualified educators from a range of professions work at Finkenau’s facilities. Housekeeping and cleaning staff are also an integral part of the team. We are particularly committed to providing interns with qualified training.
Some teams receive additional support from volunteers or federal volunteers (“Bundesfreiwillige”).
Case discussions are held and pedagogical topics as well as conceptual and organisational matters discussed at the staff meetings that take place regularly. Our employees’ documentation and observation of the children’s development is an essential part of the work. All employees attend training courses on a regular basis.
- Innovative spatial concept that draws on “mobile tools”
- Flexible furniture specially for the nursery that allows the children and employees to consistently give the rooms a new look and change them
- Two group rooms
- A large additional room that can be connected with the two group rooms
Outdoor grounds shared with Antje kindergarten
- Large sandpit
- Slope slide
- Nest swing, tree trunks for balancing
- Climbing play structure
- Site trailer
- Vegetable garden
- Lots of space for running and romping about
- Wheelers such as tricycles, balance bikes and push cars
We always strive to keep news up-to-date, but binding statements and announcements as well as information on closing times are only available from the facility itself.