- Monday – Friday
- 6.45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Visits by prior arrangement
- Flexible day-care times upon request
We currently still have free places at our kindergarten.
8. March 2022
Together for Ukraine!
Dear parents, dear guardians, we are asking for donations in kind, which we are collecting in our facilities. People who…
25. February 2022
You'd have to be a princess, wouldn't you? Wearing pretty dresses, being good, always watching out for the crown. Princess…
20. December 2021
Vaccination moves big things!
Does this quote sound familiar? Sure. In support of the #ZusammenGegenCorona campaign, a well-known detergent brand has changed its logo,…
The Sonnenschein day-care centre is located in the Rothenburgsort district in the spacious building of a former school. We offer places for children aged 9 months to 6 years, including around 20 for children with special needs. Our priorities are physical activity / psychomotor inclusion as well as language support. The day-care centre takes part in the federal language day-care centre programme. Qualified specialists carry out activities and projects on a daily basis for all educational areas and age groups. The day-care centre has large and bright rooms, its own gym and a large outdoor area with playground equipment and lawns.
- Physical activity and psychomotor skills
- Language and language support
- Early intervention
- Healthy nutrition
- Physical activity offers as a foundation of development, for example “Exercise sites”
- Sensory perception and body experience, for example “Taste week” project
- Basic maths activities, for example “Numbers and letters” project
- Language support, for example by looking at picture books
- Early music education, for example the “Let’s build musical instruments” project
- Arts and crafts, for example “Pictures with blowing technique”
- Healthy nutrition, cooking and baking, for example “Little cooking professionals” project
- Experimentation and research as a scientific basis, for example “Magnetism” project
- Nature experiences, for example “Forest” project
- Intercultural education, for example “Intercultural Week” project
- TAE KWON DO course at the TAIYO sports school
- Road safety education, for example “Blind spot” initiative
- Free play, exercise and nature experiences on the spacious outdoor grounds
- Excursions and scouting expeditions, for example to De Köök kitchen, library, children’s theatre, museums, exhibitions, planetarium, zoo, farm
- Theme-related projects, for example “Professions”, “Our district”, “Animals”, “Construction site”
- Educational and learning stories: we monitor and document the development of the children with learning stories in order to make learning experiences visible and relatable for the children and their parents
- Bridge Year group for children from the age of 5
- Healthy lunch from predominantly controlled organic cultivation; drinks and fresh food throughout the day
Cooperation with parents
- Sitting in on groups upon request
- Parents’ afternoons and parents’ cafes on various topics
- Support plan discussions for children with special needs
- Parent activities, for example gardening project
- Parents’ participation in the planning and implementation of celebrations and day-care activities, for example the summer party
- Annual parental survey
- Parents’ council
- Parents’ evenings
- Conversations at drop-off and pick-up time
- Complaint management
- Annual development meetings
- Support offered by internal advisory team
The Sonnenschein day-care centre has been accommodated in a listed school building in the Rothenburgsort district since 2002. Next to the day-care centre, a memorial of the Kinder vom Bullendorfer Damm e.V. association (Children from Bullendorfer Damm e.V.) has been set up in the same house, along with the Rothenburgsort therapy centre. Industry and commerce characterises the immediate vicinity of the day-care centre.
Day-care centre team
Qualified educators from a range of professions work at Finkenau’s facilities. Housekeeping and cleaning staff are also an integral part of the team. We are particularly committed to providing interns with qualified training.
Some teams receive additional support from volunteers or federal volunteers (“Bundesfreiwillige”).
Case discussions are held and pedagogical topics as well as conceptual and organisational matters discussed at the staff meetings that take place regularly. Our employees’ documentation and observation of the children’s development is an essential part of the work. All employees attend training courses on a regular basis.
Our day-care centre is located in a spacious building of a former school. The premises of the day-care centre extend across two levels and have been converted to suit the day-care centre’s needs. Large, high rooms with bright light are prevalent. The room layout and equipment are as follows:
Interior spaces (800 sqm)
- Six group rooms
- Gym with exercise sites
- Book section
- Therapy room
- Language support and games room
- Utility rooms
- Dining area
- Sleeping area
- Wood workshop
- Three washrooms
- Two kitchens
- Long and wide hallways
Outdoor grounds (2,016 sqm)
- Natural area with many trees and plants
- Large lawns
- Play hill with tunnel and bridge
- Wooden castle
- Willow tipi
- Children’s house made of wood
- Flower and herb beds
- Hill to climb
- Swing and nest swing
- Climbing frame
- Several large sandpits
- Shed for children’s wheelies, tricycles and toys
- Site trailer for garden tools, materials for experiments and doing research
We always strive to keep news up-to-date, but binding statements and announcements as well as information on closing times are only available from the facility itself.