- Monday – Friday
- 7.30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
- Visits by prior arrangement
- Flexible day-care times upon request
We are currently not looking for reinforcement for this facility. Gerne können Sie uns aber eine Initiativ-Bewerbung zukommen lassen.
8. March 2022
Together for Ukraine!
Dear parents, dear guardians, we are asking for donations in kind, which we are collecting in our facilities. People who…
25. February 2022
You'd have to be a princess, wouldn't you? Wearing pretty dresses, being good, always watching out for the crown. Princess…
20. December 2021
Vaccination moves big things!
Does this quote sound familiar? Sure. In support of the #ZusammenGegenCorona campaign, a well-known detergent brand has changed its logo,…
The Antje kindergarten has two kindergarten and one Bridge Year group. We look after children from the age of 3 until they start school. There are close ties with our facility for nursery children Lütte Antje (from an age of 12 months to 3 years).
All children who are new to the facility are helped in the process of settling in following evaluated acclimatisation models for day-care centres.
We see it as important with our work to encourage the children’s urge for exploring, their curiosity and self-confidence. To do so, we offer an unusual room concept (see “Spatial concept”) and …
- Physical activity as the basis of development: psychomotor support by creating different incentives to move as well as challenges
- English is our second language alongside German: following the principle of immersion, some colleagues in the team speak English with the children
- Educational and learning stories: the documentation and monitoring of the child’s development are effected by means of the educational and learning stories. These are kept in the child’s portfolio / “My book”, which the child always has access to.
- Regular excursions
- Kindergarten trip: once a year the children take a trip with the kindergarten teachers for three days
- Annual overnight stays in the kindergarten
- Regular sports, art and music activities – partly guided, partly open
- Bridge Year group: group of 5- to 6-year-olds to prepare for school together
Cooperation with parents
- Annual parental survey
- Parents’ council
- Parents’ evenings
- Conversations at drop-off and pick-up time
- Complaint management
- Annual development meetings
- Support offered by internal advisory team
- Assistance in the planning and implementation of parties, arts and crafts afternoons, gardening groups, etc.
- Regular parents’ cafés
The Antje kindergarten was opened in August 2008, in the same building complex as Lütte Antje. The bright ground floor area was developed in accordance with the architectural concept that Stiftung Kindergärten Finkenau had drawn up. Elements of the room concept at Antje kindergarten are further refined that Stiftung Kindergärten Finkenau had already developed especially for Lütte Antje in 2005 based on the principle of physical activity and flexibility for children. While the rooms in Lütte Antje have been adapted to the needs of nursery children, the focus at Antje kindergarten is on those of 3- to 6-year-olds.
Qualified educators from a range of professions work at Finkenau’s facilities. Housekeeping and cleaning staff are also an integral part of the team. We are particularly committed to providing interns with qualified training.
Some teams receive additional support from volunteers or federal volunteers (“Bundesfreiwillige”).
Case discussions are held and pedagogical topics as well as conceptual and organisational matters discussed at the staff meetings that take place regularly. Our employees’ documentation and observation of the children’s development is an essential part of the work. All employees attend training courses on a regular basis.
- Innovative spatial concept that draws on “mobile tools”
- Flexible furniture specially for the nursery, which allows the children and employees to consistently rearrange and change the rooms
- Three group rooms
- One activity room
Outdoor area shared with Antje nursery
- Large sandpit
- Slope slide
- Nest swing, tree trunks for balancing
- Climbing play structure
- Site trailer
- Vegetable garden
- Lots of space for running and romping about
- Wheelers such as tricycles, balance bikes and push cars
We always strive to keep news up-to-date, but binding statements and announcements as well as information on closing times are only available from the facility itself.