- Monday – Friday
- 7.30 a.m. – 5.30 p.m.
- Flexible day-care times upon request
- Visits by prior arrangement
We have vacant nursery and kindergarten places with immediate effect.
8. March 2022
Together for Ukraine!
Dear parents, dear guardians, we are asking for donations in kind, which we are collecting in our facilities. People who…
25. February 2022
You'd have to be a princess, wouldn't you? Wearing pretty dresses, being good, always watching out for the crown. Princess…
20. December 2021
Vaccination moves big things!
Does this quote sound familiar? Sure. In support of the #ZusammenGegenCorona campaign, a well-known detergent brand has changed its logo,…
We offer nursery and kindergarten places in two groups, respectively. There are also places for children with special needs. All children who are new to the facility are helped in the process of settling in following evaluated acclimatisation models for day-care centres.
We support the children holistically in their development. To this end, we especially follow the concept of educational and learning stories as suggested by Margret Carr. This suggests documenting the development of the children by writing educational and learning stories and observing the children individually, thereby identifying their needs and interests. With appropriate activities, every child can develop at his/her own pace and finetune skills according to his/her current field of interest. We place particular emphasis on the adoption of social-emotional skills.
- A variety of opportunities to be active according to psychomotor principles
- Healthy nutrition from predominantly controlled organic cultivation, fresh food all day, communal meals in the groups
- Language support integrated in the daily routine
- Project-oriented work
- A host of excursions for all age groups (museums, theatre, library, forest)
- Bridge Year group
Cooperation with parents
- Annual parental survey
- Parents’ council
- Parents’ evenings
- Conversations at drop-off and pick-up time
- Complaint management
- Annual development meetings
- Support offered by internal advisory team
- Visiting the day-care centre or joining excursions are possible at any time upon request
After many years of our day-care centre Kleine Füße (Imstedt) being in service, a shortage of space ensued due to the increased demand from parents. The Foundation’s educational concept was so convincing that larger rooms on Weidestraße were rented out and renovated to make them suitable for children. The Flohkiste day-care centre was then opened on 1 October 2006. Since 2009, a cooperation has been in play with the companies Fielmann and Implico that are based in the neighbourhood.
Day-care centre team
Qualified educators from a range of professions work at Finkenau’s facilities. Housekeeping and cleaning staff are also an integral part of the team. We are particularly committed to providing interns with qualified training.
Some teams receive additional support from volunteers or federal volunteers (“Bundesfreiwillige”).
Case discussions are held and pedagogical topics as well as conceptual and organisational matters discussed at the staff meetings that take place regularly. Our employees’ documentation and observation of the children’s development is an essential part of the work. All employees attend training courses on a regular basis.
Stiftung Kindergärten Finkenau works closely with Löneke Architects, based in Berlin. Wood as well as light colours and functionality, also from a child’s perspective, play an important role. Movement and activity are the main focus. A long hallway with a cloakroom area and birch trunks forms the heart of the facility, the hallway ending in the kitchen unit. The group rooms, operational areas and washrooms lead off from it. Nursery children have their own space to which they can withdraw. The largest room is the activity room with gym equipment. Special zones like a chalk drawing surface on the floor invite the children to repeatedly play a part in how the rooms look like.
- Four group rooms
- Two sleeping areas for nursery children
- Studio, relaxation room, huge activity room
- Nursery washroom with child-height toilets, washroom for kindergarten children with a large paddling pool for everyone
- Large hallway with floor surface for drawing works of art with chalk
- Parents’ corner with information area
- Play and digging area right next to the building
We always strive to keep news up-to-date, but binding statements and announcements as well as information on closing times are only available from the facility itself.