- Monday – Friday
- 7.30 a.m. – 4.30 p.m.
- Visits by prior arrangement
We are always looking for new talents and support for our teams. You are welcome to send us an unsolicited application.
8. March 2022
Together for Ukraine!
Dear parents, dear guardians, we are asking for donations in kind, which we are collecting in our facilities. People who…
25. February 2022
You'd have to be a princess, wouldn't you? Wearing pretty dresses, being good, always watching out for the crown. Princess…
20. December 2021
Vaccination moves big things!
Does this quote sound familiar? Sure. In support of the #ZusammenGegenCorona campaign, a well-known detergent brand has changed its logo,…
The children are looked after in two groups (red and yellow group) at our nursery. For children with special needs, we offer early intervention support in cooperation with Haus Mignon.
All children who are new to the nursery are helped in the process of settling in following evaluated acclimatisation models for day-care centres.
Our partner establishment is the Ratz und Rübe kindergarten, in whose kindergarten groups our children can be accepted, if places are available.
- Physical activity as the foundation of development
- The documentation and monitoring of the children’s development are effected by means of the educational and learning stories.
- Bilingual nursery as an all-day facility using the English language in accordance with the principle of immersion (immersion instruction)
- Healthy nutrition: we offer wholesome food from the caterer “Forrest Cook” predominantly from controlled organic farming. Homemade food by children as well as fruit and vegetables as snacks for in between round off the menu.
With the project, we are mainly geared towards the topics and ideas that the children come up with. We carry out, for example, the following projects:
- Sleeping party
- Seasonal projects
- Colour and shapes
- Developing sensory processing (through e.g. water, grain bath, pouring and measurement games)
- Visit to the zoo (together with parents)
- Regular excursions
Cooperation with parents
- Annual parental survey
- Parents’ council
- Regular talks with the parents’ representatives
- Parents’ evenings
- Conversations at drop-off and pick-up time
- Complaint management
- Annual development meetings
- Support offered by internal advisory team
The Wurzelkinder day nursery was opened on 02.02.2009 as the 20th facility of the Finkenau Kindergarten Foundation. It is located in the district of Wellingsbüttel on the border to Klein Borstel and is situated on the ground floor of a former commercial building. The rooms were completely rebuilt and refurbished to meet the needs of the crèche children. Themed rooms were created in the process.
Day-care centre team
In the Finkenau facilities, educational specialists from different professions work together. Housekeepers and cleaners are also an integral part of the teams. In addition, it is a special concern of ours to provide qualified guidance for interns.
Some teams receive additional support from volunteers or federal volunteers (“Bundesfreiwillige”).
In the regular staff meetings, case discussions are held and pedagogical topics as well as conceptual and organisational matters are discussed. The documentation and observation of child development by the staff is an essential part of the work. All staff members regularly attend further training.
- There are 2 group rooms with several levels, each accessible via a large anteroom, in which offers take place in addition to breakfast and lunch.
- The rooms can be used connected or closed.
- The outdoor area has a sandbox and climbing corners.
We always strive to keep news up-to-date, but binding statements and announcements as well as information on closing times are only available from the facility itself.