- Monday – Friday
- 7.30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Visits by prior arrangement, see also appointments for informational afternoon session
We have vacant nursery places with immediate effect.
8. March 2022
Together for Ukraine!
Dear parents, dear guardians, we are asking for donations in kind, which we are collecting in our facilities. People who…
25. February 2022
You'd have to be a princess, wouldn't you? Wearing pretty dresses, being good, always watching out for the crown. Princess…
20. December 2021
Vaccination moves big things!
Does this quote sound familiar? Sure. In support of the #ZusammenGegenCorona campaign, a well-known detergent brand has changed its logo,…
Children ages 10 months to 3 years are cared for in the facility, which follows an open concept. For children with special needs, we offer early intervention support in cooperation with Haus Mignon. We are is close cooperation with the Abraxas and Hölderlinsallee kindergartens. All children who are new to the facility are helped in the process of settling in following evaluated acclimatisation models for day-care centres.
- Overnight stay at the nursery
- Pfützenflitzer + road safety education (balance bike group for our 2-year-olds)
- Physical activity offers based on psychomotor skills
- Gaining prior mathematical experience
- Sensory and material experience
- Creative work, for example experimenting with colours
We monitor and document the children’s development using educational and learning stories.
Lunch consists predominantly of controlled organic cultivation. In addition, fresh food is available for the children throughout the day.
Cooperation with parents
- Annual parental survey
- Parents’ council
- Parents’ evenings
- Conversations at drop-off and pick-up time
- Complaint management
- Annual development meetings
- Support offered by internal advisory team
The Pfützenracker nursery opened its doors in the spring of 2010 after a complete redesign that converted it from a kindergarten to a full nursery.
The Pfützenracker location now is of particular importance to Stiftung Kindergärten Finkenau. The history of Stiftung Kindergärten Finkenau began on these premises – the first facility was founded here.
Qualified educators from a range of professions work at Finkenau’s facilities. Housekeeping and cleaning staff are also an integral part of the team. We are particularly committed to providing interns with qualified training.
Some teams receive additional support from volunteers or federal volunteers (“Bundesfreiwillige”).
Case discussions are held and pedagogical topics as well as conceptual and organisational matters discussed at the staff meetings that take place regularly. Our employees’ documentation and observation of the children’s development is an essential part of the work. All employees attend training courses on a regular basis.
- 4 functional rooms (studio, building and construction, role play, movement)
- 2 rooms each are used as sleeping and dining area
- 2 sanitary areas with round bathtub and dwarf toilets
- 1 book corner
We always strive to keep news up-to-date, but binding statements and announcements as well as information on closing times are only available from the facility itself.